The blog of BaggieAggie, designer of bags, gadget cases and other fabulous accessories handmade in Wales. Sprinkled with recipes, gardening chat, the odd piece of short fiction, and anything else that inspires (or annoys!) me. So pull up a comfy chair and stay a while.


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Crafters: Does Feedback Inspire You...?

Knit and felt no-sew shoulder bag pattern designed by BaggieAggie.
I've been busy making and promoting accessories for BaggieAggietoo, so my bag shop (BaggieAggie) has been rather neglected over the last few months. Not helped by the series of mega disasters OH and I have been (and still are) coping with! But a couple of weeks ago one of my felted bags sold, and I received the following feedback:

"Absolutely stunning!! I couldn't be happier with the bag I have bought. Beautifully crafted and great attention to detail. A highly recommended maker...Thank You!!"

This has spurred me to get BaggieAggie back on track, and the above Pleat bag is now available here. It's fully-lined in vintage Laura Ashley cotton to match, has a zipped internal pocket, and fastens with a magnetic snap. Other colours and designs to be added soon.

(For those of you who'd like to have a go at making Pleat yourself, the pattern download is available here. Ravelry is a US site, and most of my pattern customers are American, hence the $ prices. But Paypal automatically shows the price in your particular currency, so you see the exact cost before hitting that final button.)

Anyway, enough blogging for now - time to get making! While I'm away, why not tell me your feedback stories? I'd love to read them!

4 comments:

  1. Yes I do become motivated by feedback! I am not surprised at the lovely feedback, your bag is beautifu! Feedback well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Annie! x

    It's always lovely to get positive feedback, and although it makes me feel it's all worthwhile, it doesn't always hugely motivate me. This feedback did, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really check feedback, but what really made my day today was an email I recieved from a happy customer who bought earrings and is really happy with them, it was a lovely message she sent and it really motivated me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's interesting, Sharon. I had a wonderful email from someone who'd bought a felted bag pattern from me on Etsy, and I was thrilled to bits. I have to admit, though, that I was a little disappointed she hadn't left feedback on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete